Wednesday, December 5, 2012

The beauty of communication

So, I needed a change and decided to visit the beauty saloon here. I mean it was about time. After some major searching and looking for the perfect one, I found this one accidentally.

I charged into the room, all excited, till I realised that Bahar spoke no English and I spoke no German. The first time, it wasn't an issue, since it was a small beauty thing to be done and I had my German Best Friend along, so that was cool.

The next time I was alone and well, pretty excited to try out a haircut, for some refreshing change in life and yeah, feel good. Bahar welcomed me with a warm smile and asked about my Mother (we had a broken conversation about my Mum last time). Bahar was loving and warm, if I could, I would give her a warm warm hug!!

What followed next was beautiful. She said something in German about my hair, I told her in English what I wanted, she said something again, we communicated through signs and actions and I closed my eyes for the rest of the haircut session.

Needless to say, it looked great and we both smiled like never before.

Ahh, so much happiness. For a change.
Here's to Bahar and to the beauty of communication!

No comments:

Post a Comment