Saturday, December 22, 2012

(Crazy) Day Planner

The past couple of weeks have been crazy, to say the least. Its been all about appointments, project reports, thinking of things, planning events and what not! I have actually been going pretty mad keeping up with thing. Phew! Apologies if the posting on Die Gilbe have been ignored!

Upon my arrival and settling here, I had bought myself a planner, because I usually keep myself up-to-date with the help of that. The cover seemed a wee bit boring to me, so I decided to jazz it up with a perky yellow plastic cover I found in the stationery! Well, lets just say it added a lot more value than I expected it too. The planner came to me on time, because I had just started to learn German and since it was an all German one, I could begin to recognise words like days, holidays and some other peculiar things found in a calendar. So it excited me a lot! Morover, I have had a thing for making lists, writing down things and doing everything on paper!

Since it was brand new initially, I decided not to write too much in it, it made me feel like I would spoil it. But I would stare at it for long times and sigh in sheer appreciation for something like time. I marked out special days like festivals back home, but for the longest time I didnt write down a lot of things.

Slowly, the planner became my everyday task to see, task to write in and task to think about. A lot of the influence came from people around me who used it. There was always something to write in it and something to refer to.

Until recently. I hadnt noticed how much I wrote on it. The last week was one of my busiest (atleast was planned to be) and I couldnt believe it till I saw it from a distance. Its not that life is SO busy, maybe I like to keep it that way. Its almost like I want to do all that, and stick to doing it. I enjoy writing in it, planning my days, and getting up every morning, looking at my to-do-lists.

So, I hate admitting it, but my Yellow Book is my addiction. I cannot live without it and cant think of a day without referring to it and making my day oh-so-planned. Its like Im dependent on it completely and maybe, its a nice feeling. Maybe.

Planners, are lovely. Must admit.








No comments:

Post a Comment