Thursday, December 6, 2012

First Snowfall

Its December. Finally.
What I expected was not the snow so early, I mean you dont think about when it will come along your way, huh? The weather predictions were made for snow for the Saturday, but that didnt happen. I was disappointed.

Sunday started early and suddenly, Tanya came running to the kitchen, all excited about the 'snowfall'. It had started! I screamed and leaped in joy and we did a small 'woohoo' dance!

It also took me back to the first snowfall I had ever seen. I was hardly 8, but I remember it clearly. My folks and I were in the house, cooped up, them drinking tea and me getting highly bored because of not  being allowed to leave the house, thanks to the cold. This time, Ma screamed and leaped. It was snow indeed. We went out, made snow men and played around. Oh what fun! I still remember the entire scene in my head. It was magical.

This time around, I was excited too, but maybe not so much because I knew it would happen. But it was my first German snow and we did make the best of it, by going out for a walk and sharing the white joys! I will always remember that Sunday, of my first abroad snow!

But that day also reminded of the fact that its going to be a long winter ahead. Im unsure how to feel about that. 

No comments:

Post a Comment