Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Of New Found Friends

So when I figured that the exchange programme was happening, and with some collegues from my University, I was unsure how it would be. After all we were four different people, from different backgrounds, different study areas and maybe things would be weird. After all we hardly knew each other, even back home.

So while we were getting our things organised before we left, I was extremely skeptical. Things moved on somehow and things got done. Soon it was time to leave, and I had a sinking feeling of leaving everything and everyone behind, my friends and family. I thought I'd be all alone, in a foreign land.
But I was pleasantly surprised. My new found friends are probably how I have been sane so far. Im really grateful for their existence. There has been a sudden bonding within us, we spend time together, laugh, make jokes and even whine together.

We all live in the same place, cook together and travel together. And yet, we have not felt cramped or annoyed (not me atleast). I enjoy the space I get and the time we spend. The boys as I fondly call them, take all the tantrums I throw and cope up with them. The best part is the German class, we are one enthusiastic lot and have a lot of fun during the class. Its a pleasure to learn something that way. We have figured out so many things in a foreign land, from transport, to communications and pronunciations and what not! We have our design discussions and arguments et all, but its good. Each of us is capable and good of doing some particular, well. From cooking, photographing, keeping a check on things, doing the math and what not, we are a pretty good team and Im glad its them!

Its just the beginning, I know, but still its wonderful knowing that you have friends living around, who care.

Here's to new found friends!



Us.
Photo Credits: Srikanth


The Boys.



1 comment: