Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Cooking Rice


Rice. The easiest thing on earth to cook. Or so I thought. 
Well, not really. Three days into my debut of group cooking with the boys (my fellow exchange students) I still don't know how to cook rice.

Everyday is a new experiment. Either the water was too much, or the pressure not enough or the induction heater didn't work. We tried all techniques, boiling with and without a lid, the pressure cooker, on an induction heater, in the microwave, in different measures of water and rice. 
But all the times, somehow it has been cooked and eaten. With patience running out, hunger filling our stomachs and prayers for rice to cook, I can now eat rice in any form, colour and texture. I think everyone should take lessons in cooking rice. 


The day I make the perfect bowl of rice, shall be a day to celebrate. Until then, I'll eat what I get. 

1 comment:

  1. lol...i see ur having some awesome cooking times... :D..ok for rice..in microwave..say a normal serving bowl..borosil types..for shape..put say abt 1 1/2 cups of rice..fill will boiling water..3/4 in to 1in..above rice..microwave for 15 mmins..that should get u edible rice..louve nam :)

    ReplyDelete