Saturday, September 15, 2012

Nina and Gregor

Those are  the first names we read on our German Coursebook for learning the A1 Level of German. We were introduced to our teacher, Frau Heye who made us feel very comfortable and gave us the best first day ever. Full of laughter and games and funny comparisons and pronunciations. She had a way of her own. Petite and sweet, she is reason why I have started liking to learn German. She was also the one who told us for the first time how Nina and Gregor are pronounced.

Nina and Gregor figure throughout the book as part of dialogues and we always have to impersonate them. We throughly enjoyed these impersonations, from hellos, byes, hobby conversations and what not! The reason why it stayed with us is because we enjoyed the lessons and everything within it. That was also thanks to Frau Heye. She was always part of our jokes and laughed along with us when we did and never ever scolded us for getting something wrong.

We have conveniently given ourselves these names, me being Nina (and two more for the other two). Its fun to get back to learning something from the basic, making mistakes and trying hard to get it correct. Its even more fun and satisfying when you write something correctly! Languages have always excited me and Im learning a lot through these lessons, not just about the language but so much more.

Last friday was our last session with Frau Heye, and our faces fell when she told us that. In a long long time, I think I have felt so bad about a teacher not teaching me. She made my mornings so much nicer, with her attempts to know us better and for her to teach us so well.  I think I have learnt from her more than just basic German.

She will be one the first persons who I will always always remember when I think of Germany!

I hope she also remembers us!
Nina always will!





No comments:

Post a Comment