Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Mein Familie

So after a long break, we had our German classes. Trying our best to show interest in the class (for we had had a long day in the university), we scraped through quite a bit. But what was exciting was the part where we had to write a paragraph titled 'Mein Familie' or My Family, all in German.

With much excitement, I started the essay, not caring much about the grammar or the sentence structure (which is precisely what we were taught!) , all I wanted to do was write the paragraph! So with smiles and confidence, I wrote whatever I could manage and it read something like this (after the corrections by Frau. Kaiser)


"Mein familie name ist Chakravarty. Meine elten leben in Indien. Mein vater heist ist Aniruddha und meine mutter heist ist Falguni. Mein vater ist 55 jahre alt und mutter ist 50 jahre. Ich habe eine schwester. Ihre name sind Diya und sie ist verheikatet und sie hat ein Baby, ihre name ist Aanya. Ich habe eine Hunt, sein name ist Muddles. Ich liebe mein familie. :) "

translating to

"My family name (surname) is Chakravarty. My parents live in India. My father's name is Aniruddha and my mother's name is Falguni. My father is 55 years old and my mother is 50 years. ( I got the ages wrong) I have one sister . Her name is Diya and she is married and she has a baby, whose name is Aanya. I have a dog whose name is Muddles. I love my family. :)"

Yes, I wrote the smiley as part of the paragraph, I was excited! It was a fun thing to do!


But then suddenly it hit me, the first signs of homesickness.




2 comments:

  1. hahahahahaha!!!! reminds me of essays we were supposed to write in school.... very cute... and listen, don't be homesick... enjoy every bit there, u'll be back even before u know it.... then you'll be hannover sick!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I luv the German!! Great job....clap! clap!

    ReplyDelete