Sunday, October 14, 2012

The Girl Without A Mirror


The ergonomics here dont allow me to access mirrors places at heights. Either that, or I am extremely short. Lets stick to the former for now.

So the minute I walked into my room, I noticed that there were no mirrors in the room. Fair enough. Then I happened to visit the washroom after that, and there too there were no full length mirrors either. The only mirror that was there was placed above a sink, at a height. It shows me my face very well but thats where it ends. I can see the ceiling more than my face. So I stand on my toes,  jump high, stand on the little elevation next to the sink and try to see myself. It never works. 

Imagine seeing only part of yourself, with your head cut or just your legs and arms showing. Its annoying! For the past one month I have being living without a mirror, and I think I deserve an award. For a girl to live without a mirror, and rely on a small one that shows just the face, is honestly quite applaudable. So to look at myself and manage a clear picture, I would take the help of the windows at stores. They always show the things inside the store but also reflect what is outside. So it worked perfectly, well almost always. The guys would always get annoyed and pass the 'There she goes again' comment. I couldnt stand and adjust my dress, or comb my hair or check anything. Just a glance was all I could manage. But it was something that I couldnt help. I managed somehow. 

The mirror never lied. I looked horrible! ;)

I then decided to ask the landlord of the hostel to be kind enough and give me a mirror (I had seen him fixing one for someone in a room). He told me he would try. One day I walked in the room to find a mirror, a square shaped thing, very light, kept on my table. I was happy. Since still I cannot see myself completely, its great that its accesible enough to lift up and try out different angles to see myself completely. Its quite a task. But challenging! 

The Girl Without A Mirror. A full length one, indeed. 

No comments:

Post a Comment