Friday, October 5, 2012

Super Marketing

I am actually referring to the Supermarkets here. I would have to admit that supermarkets do something to you. The unlimited variety of the range of things available here can drive you quite insane. 

What was surprising to me was the concept of a No MRP, implying that each supermarket has its own price system for a product and these prices could vary a lot throughout different places. The objective is to find the cheapest yet the best one. We have somehow to managed to find a couple of affordable and reasonable ones. 

Most supermarkets here are well stocked, beautifully lit and the information and pricing system is also great. I have a gala time looking at everything, trying to imagine what it could go well with, will I even use it. More often than not I end up spending a relatively large amount of money there, and then coming home and wondering why I bought that. But it does go into something good, from a super cheap super tasty chocolate bar, to healthy muesli, tinned apricots and fresh vegetables, I think if nothing else, I can feed myself better now. 

The local folks, also come and buy their daily/weekly/monthly stock from the supermarket, carefully analysing what they need and what they dont. Some carry lists, some have notes on their phones, some scurry around here and there picking up stuff. The staff at each supermarket is friendly and helpful, though one rarely needs their help. I like how it works here and what it does to you.

My only hope is that I dont get addicted to it and lose all my money there! 


No comments:

Post a Comment